Monday, September 27, 2010

Little Lula Lullabye Laughing...

As a young woman in Newburyport, MA, I was "that nice lady down the street" to two delightful kids aged 6 and 8. Mind you, in the beginning of our lifetime bond, I lived in a tent in the backyard of an empty house, with my bike leaned up against the tent. I called them my almost-kids.

Decades have passed and they have remained close -- dear, dear friends who are now in their 30s. We gather annually at Rocky Mountain National Park. THIS time, sweet almost-daughter Amy and her delightfully playful husband David introduced Robert and me to our almost-granddaughter -- not quite 6 months here. You can understand that no grandmother, "almost" or bloodline, can resist posting pix. Awwww, isn't she just the cutest, most adorable baby you've ever seen?

No comments: